- Install Firefox and Greasemonkey if you haven't already got them. You'll need to restart Firefox after installing Greasemonkey.
- Once Greasemonkey is installed and running, follow this link (or click on the orange "install" button above).
- The buyer info script will be downloaded, and Greasemonkey will ask if you want to install it. Assuming you trust me, click "Install".
- Go to a receipt page in Etsy - once the page loads, the "buyer" section should get some extra links.
By default, Buyer Info replaces the email address with a "mailto" link, such that clicking on it composes a new email. You can copy the email address for pasting into a different email client by right clicking on the "email" link and selecting "Copy Email Address". (Mac users with a one-button mouse can control-click the link to bring up the context menu to do this.) However, if you'd prefer to see the email address in full on the screen (some like to compare it with an address on their PayPal invoices, for example) you can go to "Tools > Greasemonkey > User Script Commands > Toggle visible email address" and this will switch between the two styles.
- 2010/04/10: 5.0
Fixed a bug caused by changes to the page.
Added experimental Chrome and Opera support.
- 2009/04/30: 4.0
- Fixed a bug caused by changes to the page.
Added links to the seller side too, for receipts viewed by buyers.
- 2008/12/08: 3.0
- Added "toggle visible email address" option.
- 2008/11/03: 2.0
- Altered the layout of the email and convo links.
- 2008/10/31: 1.1
- Fixed a bug when the feedback panel was visible.
- 2008/10/22: 1.0
- Initial releasefeedscontact
Questions, comments, and feedback welcomed.
- Email: ian at etsyhacks dot com
- Twitter: etsyhacks
- Google Talk: etsyhacks
- Yahoo IM: etsyhacks
- AIM: etsyhacks
- MSN: ian at etsyhacks dot com
- ICQ: 376144688
- Etsy: ehax
- Facebook: etsyhacks.com
You can also sign up for email announcements for hack releases, updates, and general Etsyhacks news.support etsyhacks
The code provided at etsyhacks.com is free. However, if you find it makes your life better, and you'd like to support future development, you can send me money via PayPal by clicking on the "Donate" button to the right.
If you'd like to put an Etsyhacks button on your blog or web site, you can use one of these.disclaimer
The term "Etsy" is a trademark of Etsy, Inc. This website is not endorsed or affiliated by Etsy, Inc. Please see http://www.etsy.com/trademark_guidelines.php for more information about using Etsy's trademarks. Anything provided on these pages is done so free of charge, and with no warranty. Use at your own risk.